Our Pet Policy
- Adult dogs only. Your pet must be at least one year old and housebroken.
- Dogs must be currently on a flea and tick control program
- We highly recommend grooming or shaving your pet prior to your vacation to minimize shedding
- Per Flathead County regulations, pets must be on a leash and not allowed to run loose
- Never leave your dog tied up outside or left alone on a deck
- Your dog must not be confined in a bathroom or bedroom while you’re away. Either crate your pet or let him enjoy the run of the house. Confinement invites damage to doors, moldings and carpet.
- You agree to pick up after your pet and dispose of waste properly
- Pets must not disturb the peace of the neighborhood
- Pet damage must be reported DURING your stay so we can promptly schedule repairs
- If your pet causes damage, you agree to pay for repairs. Pet damage is NOT covered by the damage protection waiver.
- No bathing the pets in the showers and bathtubs in the house or using guest towels for wiping them down. We do have some doggy towels for your use.
Dog Friendly Restaurants in Whitefish, MT
There are 7 restaurants in Whitefish, MT that welcome dogs at their outdoor tables. Need help deciding where to eat? Check out the listings below for a detailed description of each restaurant, along with pictures and reviews from other dog owners who've eaten there. Bone
Bonsai Brewing Co, is a great place for you and Fido to grab a great beer and sit with your best friend on a nice outdoor lawn.
Pig and Olive and Zucca both serve up great
Coffee traders in the downtown
Just in case..
Whitefish Animal hospital is open 24/7 if you need emergency care. http://www.whitefishanimalhospital.com/
Places to Play
http://www.wagparks.org/index.php. The Dog Park is a fun way to exercise your dog and allow them to socialize.
- Enable dogs to legally run off-leash in a fenced area.
- Allow socialization and exercise of dogs (and people) in a safe environment.
- Provide physically challenged dog owners an accessible place to exercise with their
- canine companions.
- Support the Whitefish tourist economy by providing a recreational space for visitors with dogs
- Reduce impact from loose dogs on wildlife and habitat.
- Promote an environment for effective enforcement of dog control laws.
- Reduce the need to drive to outlying areas to exercise dogs.
http://blog.gopetfriendly.com/visiting-glacier-national-park-with-dogs/ There is only one trail in Glacier Park that is pet friendly. McDonald Creek Bike path is a paved trail that runs 2.5 miles between West Glacier and Apgar Village. Buster and Ty suggest picking it up in West Glacier, grabbing an ice cream at Eddie’s when you get to Apgar, having a rest by Lake McDonald, and then trekking back to the car.
Whitefish Trails allows Dogs
The Whitefish trail is a multi-use, donor supported trail system. A Montana State Lands recreation use permit is required ONLY outside the trail corridor. Dogs are allowed on the trail and must be in your control at all times. Please respect private lands and yield to others. This trail system is a non-motorized recreational trail.
Looking for Doggie Day Care?
Doggie day care is the perfect solution if you’re taking a day trip to Glacier Park or going to be gone most of the day. Remember, facilities usually require an advance meet and greet so be sure to plan ahead and bring your pet’s vaccination records.
Glacier K9 Resort & Spa is a distinctive resort hotel for pets, catering exclusively to the care of dogs and cats. Glacier K9 is the area’s premier pet care facility, located between Kalispell and Whitefish in the Flathead Valley, on 24 acres off of Highway 93 and only 4 miles north of Costco. Our Resort is centrally located to Glacier National Park, Whitefish Mountain Resort, Flathead Lake and the airport for those traveling with your four-legged friends. http://glacierk9.com/
Three Dog Ranch Whether you live in the area or are just visiting, Three Dog Ranch offers year-round boarding, bathing, and training in our ranch-style facilities. 5395 Hwy 93 South, Whitefish, MT 59937 406-862-3913 http://threedogranchmontana.com/