WALKING BEAR RESORT
Black Bear Lodge and Walking Bear Lodge
WHITEFISH, MONTANA 59937
Thank you for choosing us for your Montana Visit. If there are any questions regarding this contract you can call @406-471-7732. You can find this information on our site at www.montanawalkingbear.com
Mailing address: Walking Bear Resort, office 176 Hodgson Pines Way, Whitefish, MT 59937
- CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M CHECK- OUT is by 10 A.M.
- This is a NON SMOKING house. Outside containers are provided for you.
- Pets are permitted in the house only with prior approval. $100 per pet fee applies. All pets must be leashed or under owner’s control at all times. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up of any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture or beds at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. For your pet’s safety, all pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm prevention is highly recommended. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The cabin owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises. If you or any of your guests bring pets without prior approval the pet fee will be $500.
- DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- Your insurance covers accidental damage (pet damage excluded) to sheets, bedding and its contents up to $1000 you are responsible for any costs over this amount. There will be no additional costs as long as:
- No intentional damage is done to cabin or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. Furniture from the house is not allowed to be taken outside.
- All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers outside, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- NO Early check-in or late check out without prior approval. The cleaning crew will not start cleaning until all guests have left the home. They start at 10:15 am. Please contact us if there are any problems with your departure.
- You will be purchasing damage insurance for all other property damage for up to $1000.00, any damage that exceeds these amounts will be your responsibility.
- CANCELLATIONS: There are 3 cancellation points. Greater than 90 days, greater than 30 days but less than 90 and less than 30 days. A ninety (90) day notice is required for full refund minus a $200 re-booking fee. All cancellations made after contract is signed and deposit is made will pay a $200 re-booking fee. Cancellations that are made less than 90 days of the arrival date forfeits 50 % of the advance payment, less than 30 days notice you will forfeit 100 % of payments and damage/reservation deposit. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. You may choose to purchase travel insurance separately, See item number sixteen (16) of this contract. In cases of hardship we will allow you to change your dates, there may be additional charges if rates change or you book a more expensive time period.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests per cabin is limited to eighteen (18) persons for Walking Bear Lodge and fourteen (14) persons for Black Bear Lodge. An additional charge of $25.00 per person, per night for guests in addition to the maximum will be charged. Additional guests must be approved of prior to your stay.
- There is a noise ordinance at 11pm for the comfort of the other rental home guests this is strictly enforced.
- INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup, propane for the grill, wood for the fireplace, toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, dish soap, dishwasher soap and laundry detergent.
- NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate. We suggest you bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabins.
- RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice until reservation is confirmed and deposit is made. Quotes are good for 72 hours.
- FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in. This includes holding events which exceed the number of guests on the contract, undeclared pets, illegal activities or parties.
- WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
- PARKING – Parking is limited to eight (8) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. No RV’s or other vehicles used as an accommodation are allowed without prior arrangements. No parking on lawns.
- FIREPLACES: (Walking Bear Lodge) Three of the fireplaces are propane and one is a wood burning. If you are not sure how to use these properly please ask. Any damage incurred due to improper usage will be the renters’ responsibility. Please do not cook, throw any paper, or other combustible materials in the fireplace.
- STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS: No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained, however we do not refund due to road conditions.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We highly recommend your purchase travel insurance. If you wish to purchase travel insurance, go to www.InsureMyTrip.com for details and to purchase if you book through VRBO or Homeaway.
- HOT TUB: (Walking Bear Lodge) Please be aware of the health risks associated with use of the hot tub. Those on certain medications, those who have heart or blood pressure issues, are pregnant or children under 18 should exercise caution. Children should be supervised at all times. NO food or drink is allowed in the hot tub.
- The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that products have been flushed and clogs the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to two hundred dollars ($200).
- Special Events have to be arranged ahead of time. If you plan on an event which exceeds the number of guests staying at the house it must be approved in writing.
By making a deposit, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement.
Thank you for staying with us. We promise to do everything we can to make your stay perfect.